The holiday weekend is here and that means it’s the (unofficial) start of Summer and the (traditional) start of the outdoor cooking season. If you’re planning on firing up the grill for a BBQ this weekend, here’s a *quick and *easy side dish you can serve. *Quick = Less than 15 minutes *Easy = The easiest, can’t mess up, fool proof, semi-homemade dish that you can make in advance. Giving you more time to enjoy being outdoors, and less time in the kitchen…
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Put cooked pasta in plastic bag and place in refrigerator for an hour (or a few hours) or overnight. Just make sure it’s cold.
3. Blanch green beans (see *how to blanch below) and store in refrigerator if you’re making in advance.
4. Chop parsley to your liking. Add peas if you like.
5. Assemble everything together. Pour poppyseed dressing to taste RIGHT BEFORE SERVING (I like a lot in mine and use about one whole bottle)
HOW TO BLANCH GREEN BEANS:
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a gentle boil.
2. Add trimmed green beans and cook, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes (until crisp)
3. Immediately drain the green beans in a colander and plunge them into ice cold water for 5 minutes to bring the temperature down.
*Blanching ensures that they keep their vibrant color and that they stay crisp
Share this post:May 23 2013
Tags: bbq side ideas, best lifestyle TV experts, Brianna's poppyseed dressing, cold pasta salad, cold pasta salad recipes, how to blanch, how to blanch green beans, how to make easy pasta salad, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, Jamie Krell lifestyle expert, lifestyle experts, memorial day weekend, memorial day weekend bbq, pasta dishes to serve at bbq, pasta salad with poppyseed dressing, poppyseed dressing, the best poppyseed dressing, the best poppyseed salad dressing, what to make for memorial day weekend bbq, what to serve at a bbq, what to serve if you're hosting a bbq