This recipe is from a family friend and It’s a great complement to an entree or even served as the main course with a salad. Is it healthy? Not so much. But It’s a warm and hearty dish that’s ideal to make while the weather is still cool. And a little butter never hurt anybody.
4 medium baking potatoes
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
chopped chives for garnish
*If desired, fry, drain and crumble 2-3 slices of bacon for an extra garnish
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pierce the potatoes and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, until very soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Cut each potato lengthwise and scoop out the insides and mash in large bowl with masher or electric mixer.
5. Add the cream cheese, butter, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the sour cream. Stir well.
6. Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir again.
7. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
8. Fill potato skins with the mash and place in baking dish (You can cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge until ready to bake)
9. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees
10. Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top and bake for additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Garnish with chopped chives and bacon if you like!
Share this post:January 21 2013
Tags: Baked Potato, Baked Potatoes, best twice baked potato recipe, easy dinner ideas, easy potato recipe, easy side dish ideas for dinner, easy side dishes, How to make easy baked potato, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, recipe for baked potatoes, recipe for twice baked potatoes, Twice baked potato, Twice baked potatoes