I originally found this recipe on Pinterest from Better Homes & Gardens. I made some subtle changes (including adding peas for my fiance…per his request) and loved how it turned out. It’s a nice Spring/Summer dish with colorful and healthy veggies. This easily serves 2-4 people, but you could always double the recipe and serve for a larger group. I think it’s great to serve on a warm day, outside, with friends.
9 ounce package cheese-filled tortellini
1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
Carrots thinly sliced (I peeled and cut 3 large carrots)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
I large red or yellow pepper cut into thin strips
Frozen peas, thawed (about a cup)
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Cook pasta according to directions, except don’t add any salt or oil. Add broccoli and carrots the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
2. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3. Meanwhile, for dressing in a screw-top jar (I use a mason jar) combine the vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, mustard, black pepper and garlic powder.
4. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine the pasta mixture and sweet pepper. Shake dressing and pour over pasta, toss gently to coat. Add fresh parmesan.
NOTE: I also like to add in a little bit of Newman’s Own balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing before serving (I just drizzle to taste for an extra little kick…)
*Can refrigerate a few hours before serving or can be made a day in advance.
Share this post:April 17 2013
Tags: best lifestyle experts, Better Homes & Gardens, Better Homes & Gardens recipes, cold pasta salad, cold pasta salad with vegetables, cold pasta salad with veggies, Easy cold pasta salad, How to make cold pasta salad, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, lifestyle expert, pasta salad, pasta salad with vegetables, Pinterest