This cake is especially good served warm and paired with coffee or tea in the morning. It’s also great for dessert with vanilla ice cream too…
1 stick butter (softened a bit)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. (Using a hand mixer or electric mixer) cream butter, granulated sugar and 1 egg together. Beat in 2nd egg.
2. Add in baking soda and sour cream. Mix.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to batter and stir to mix.
4. Put 1/2 batter in greased 8×8 (pyrex, oven safe pan)
5. Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon (and nuts if you choose) together and sprinkle half of it over the batter.
6. Spoon 2nd half of the batter over the cinnamon layer and smooth.
7. Sprinkle remainder of cinnamon mixture over top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes – toothpick should come out clean.
Share this post:September 17 2013
Tags: beauty experts, best lifestyle experts, breakfast ideas, cinnamon coffee cake, coffee cake, coffee cake recipe, coffee cake recipes, dessert ideas, easy breakfast ideas, easy brunch ideas, easy cinnamon coffee cake, easy dessert ideas, fashion experts, how to make easy coffee cake, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, Jamie Krell expert, Jamie Krell lifestyle expert, lifestyle experts, sour cream coffee cake, sour cream coffee cake recipe