Lemon Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes
I initially found this recipe on a site called BevCooks. I made some subtle changes and it is always incredibly fresh, light and delicious. Last night I served it with warm garlic bread and salad for a (pre) Valentines day meal for two at home. It always comes through for a special occasion, but works just as well for a quick weeknight meal too.
*This was a perfect amount for the two of us, but you can always double the recipe if you’re serving more…
-1/2 pound extra large shrimp (I buy pre-thawed and cooked already)
-2 tsp lemon zest
-1 pinch crushed red pepper
-1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
-2 basil leaves chopped
-2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
-2 Tbs. lemon juice
-1/2 pound angel hair pasta (1/2 the box!)
-salt and freshly ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE:
1. In a bowl, toss shrimp with crushed red pepper, half the lemon zest, chopped basil and oregano and salt and pepper. Let sit while you start the rest.
2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic, tomatoes and other half of the lemon zest. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add shrimp to the skillet and sear on each side (about 2 mins on each side)
4. Cook pasta for 5 minutes in pot of salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
5. Mix pasta into skillet and toss with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add in your remaining pasta water and stir all together.
6. Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.
Share this post:February 13 2013
Tags: dinner for two, easy pasta recipes, how to make lemon pasta, how to make lemon shrimp pasta, how to make shrimp pasta, ideas for dinner for two, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, lemon shrimp pasta recipe, lemon shrimp pasta with tomatoes, quick and easy dinner menu ideas, quick dinner ideas, Recipe for weeknight meals, shrimp pasta, shrimp pasta with tomatoes, Valentines day meal for two, Valentines dinner for two