Sweet Potato Fries
Last night I had a birthday dinner for my wonderful cousin, Michael. There were about 10 of us total, so I made his favorite turkey burgers (recipe here) except this time I made the mixture in advance and then just popped them into a 375 degree oven for a half hour (flipping them once) until they were done and cooked to perfection. I also decided to make mini patties for the mini Hawaiian sweet rolls – so they were easier for everyone to eat. I served them with a cold pasta salad and sweet potato fries. I have struggled with making these fries crispy in the past, but my fiance threw them in the oven on briol for the last 10 minutes and turns out…that’s the trick. I was sure he was burning them, but I’m actually glad (for the first time ever, maybe?) that he proved me wrong.
I snapped these pictures PRE-BRIOL, so they become even more well done than they appear in the photos.
About 5 Sweet Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cornmeal – You can make with or without, but a little bit mixed in will make them crispier
INGREDIENTS FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
Sriracha Hot Sauce
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Use a fork to poke the potatoes, then microwave them for about 2-3 minutes or so – until they are just soft enough to make cutting them easier.
2. Cut off ends and then slice into strips.
3. Put cut potato strips in large plastic bag/bags and shake with olive oil, salt, pepper (and the cornmeal if you like.) You can also just toss everything together on the actual baking sheet if it’s easier. Whatever you prefer. I’ve done it both ways.
4. Place your baking sheet (or two baking sheets depending on the size of them) in preheated oven.
5. Cook for 15 minutes and then toss and flip with tongs. Put back in for another 15 minutes.
6. Turn the oven on briol for the last few minutes. Keep an eye on them and just eyeball when they look crispy (to your liking) and done!
7. Optional: Sprinkle with a little garlic salt (to taste) once out of the oven before serving, if you like.
SERVE WITH DIPPING SAUCE (equal parts mayo and ketchup – and add in Sriracha hot sauce to taste)
Share this post:May 21 2013
Tags: bbq sides, crispy sweet potato fries, dipping sauce for sweet potato fries, easy bbq ideas, easy dipping sauce for sweet potato fries, easy sweet potato fries recipe, how to bake sweet potato fries, how to bake sweet potato fries in the oven, how to make easy sweet potato fries, how to make sauce for sweet potato fries, jamie krell, Jamie Krell blog, Jamie Krell lifestyle expert, lifestyle expert, mayo sauce for sweet potato fries, oven baked sweet potato fries, oven bakes sweet potato fries, recipe for sweet potato fries, recipes for easy bbq side dishes, recipes for easy bbq sides, salt and pepper, sweet potato fries with olive oil, the best sweet potato fries